Antangin is a herbal product that is useful for treating colds, nausea, flatulence, fever, and fatigue. Antangin is sold freely in pharmacies or supermarkets in the form of syrup, tablets and candies.
Antangin contains several herbal ingredients, namely ginger , sembung leaves, ginseng , peppermint , liquorice, nutmeg, meniran , turmeric, mint leaves , and royal jelly, as well as honey. The combination of all these ingredients is believed to be able to overcome colds, warm the body, while increasing endurance.
There are various kinds of Antangin products available in Indonesia, namely:
1. Challenge JRG
Antangin JRG is useful for relieving symptoms of colds, such as fever, nausea, flatulence, or dizziness. Each 15 ml of Antangin JRG contains ginger, mint leaves, sembung, ginseng, nutmeg, liquorice, turmeric, royal jelly and honey.
Antangin mint is useful for relieving cold symptoms and making the body fresh again with a cold sensation in the throat. Each 15 ml of Antangin Mint contains ginger, mint leaves, sembung leaves, nutmeg seeds, liquorice, turmeric, and honey.
3. Antangin Junior
Antangin Junior is a herbal syrup for children which is useful for relieving symptoms of colds, as well as maintaining immunity. Each 10 ml of Antangin Junior contains red ginger, meniran, sembung, nutmeg, turmeric and honey.
4. Challenge JRG + Red Ginger Tablet
Antangin JRG + Red Ginger tablets are useful for relieving cold symptoms. Unlike Antangin JRG, this product is in tablet form, and each tablet contains red ginger.
In addition to red ginger, each tablet of Antangin JRG + Red Ginger contains ginger, sembung leaves, mint leaves, pule peel, nutmeg seeds, ginseng extract, and royal jelly.
5. Antangin Candy
Antangin candy is useful for soothing the throat. This product is available in three flavors, namely barley mint, mocha mint, and honey mint. Antangin candy contains ginger extract, licorice, peppermint oil, honey, caramel coloring and synthetic flavouring.
6. Black Seed Antangin
Antangin Black Seed is useful for maintaining endurance, relieving symptoms of colds, and helping to soothe the throat. Every 15 ml of Antangin Black Seed contains Black Seed, ginger, meniran, sembung leaves, mint leaves, nutmeg seeds, liquorice, turmeric, and honey.
7. Have a Good Night
Antangin Good Night is useful for improving sleep quality, relieving symptoms of colds, and warming the body. Each Antangin Good Night tablet contains ginger, sembung, mint leaves, pulai skin, nutmeg, passion flower , and valerian root.
What is Antangin
|Active Ingredients||Ginger, sembung leaves, mint leaves, nutmeg, ginseng, peppermint, liquorice, meniran, turmeric, and royal jelly, and honey|
|Consumed by||Adults and children over 1 year old|
|Antangin for pregnant and lactating women||Category N: Not yet categorized. It is not known whether the herbal ingredients contained in Antangin products can be absorbed into breast milk or not. If you are breastfeeding, do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor first.|
|Drug form||Syrup, tablets and candy|
Warning Before Taking Antangin
The following are things you need to pay attention to before taking Antangin:
- Do not take Antangin if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this herbal product.
- Antangin contains honey . Consult about the use of honey if you have diabetes . Honey should not be given to children under 1 year of age.
- Several Antangin products contain royal jelly . Consult about using royal jelly if you suffer from dermatitis or low blood pressure.
- Antangin Good Night contains herbal ingredients that can cause drowsiness . Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after consuming the Antangin Good Night variant.
- Consult your doctor if you plan to take Antangin with other medicines, supplements or herbal products.
- Talk to your doctor about using Antangin if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Immediately see a doctor if you experience a drug allergic reaction or overdose after taking Antangin.
Dosage and Rules for Using Antangin
The dosage of Antangin varies, depending on the type of product and the age of the user. Here is the explanation:
1. Antangin JRG, Antangin Mint, and Antangin Black Seed
- Adults: 1 sachet, 3 times a day after meals. To prevent and relieve motion sickness , Antangin JRG can be taken 1 sachet before a long trip.
- Children aged 6 years and over: ½ sachet, 3 times a day after meals.
2. Challenge Junior
- Children aged 2–12 years: 1 sachet, 3 times a day after meals.
- Children 1 year of age: sachet, 3 times a day after meals.
3. Antangin JRG Tablets + Red Ginger
- Adults: 2 tablets, 3 times a day after meals.
4. Antangin Good Night
- Adults: 2–4 tablets, taken 30 minutes before bedtime.
For Antangin candy, the dosage can be adjusted as needed.
How to Consume Antangin Correctly
Read the directions for use on the packaging. If you are unsure or have certain medical conditions, consult your doctor to get the dosage and duration of treatment.
Most people think that taking herbal medicines is always safe because they contain natural ingredients. However, keep in mind that not all herbal medicines have known side effects and interactions when used with other drugs, supplements or herbal ingredients.
Antangin should be consumed after meals. Antangin can be taken directly or mixed with cup of water or warm tea before drinking, while Antangin Tablets can be taken with a glass of water.
Make sure there is sufficient time between one dose and the next. Try to take Antangin at the same time every day for maximum treatment.
Store Antangin at room temperature, and avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Keep this herbal product out of reach of children.
Interactions of Antangin with Other Drugs
There is no known drug interaction that can occur if Antangin is taken with other drugs, supplements, or herbal products. However, the ginger contained in this product can increase the risk of low blood pressure when used with antihypertensive drugs , such as amlodipine.
In addition, if royal jelly or ginger is taken with warfarin , it can increase the risk of bleeding. To be safe, always consult your doctor if you plan to take Antangin with other drugs, supplements, or herbal products.
Side Effects and Dangers Antangin
If consumed according to the existing rules of use, generally Antangin rarely causes side effects. However, in some people, ginger can cause certain side effects, such as diarrhea , heartburn , or discomfort in the stomach.
In addition, the passion flower contained in Antangin Good Night can cause side effects such as confusion, drowsiness, or dizziness .
Check with your doctor if these side effects don't go away or get worse. Immediately consult a doctor if you experience a drug allergic reaction after consuming Antangin.