Batugin is an herbal product that is believed to be useful to help shed kidney stones or urinary tract stones. Batugin contains tempuyung leaves and kejibeling leaves. This product is available in syrup form in glass bottles or sachets.
From several studies, tempuyung leaves are known to have the ability to dissolve kidney stones. Meanwhile, kejibeling extract is believed to inhibit the formation of calcium oxalate crystals.
Even so, the effectiveness and safety of these herbal ingredients still need further research. Always consult your doctor if you want to use Batugin to treat kidney stones or urinary tract stones.
The following are details of Batugin products available in Indonesia:
Batugin Sachets are available in 1 box containing 6 sachets. Each 1 sachet (15 ml) contains 3 grams of Sonchus arvensis folia (tempuyung leaves) and 0.3 grams of strobilanthus crispus folia (kejibeling leaves).
Batugin Elixir is available in 120 ml and 300 ml syrup bottles. Each 1 measuring cup contains 30 ml Batugin contains 3 grams of tempuyung leaves and 0.3 grams of kejibeling leaves.
What is Batugin
|Active Ingredients||Kejibeling leaves and Tempuyung leaves|
|Benefit||Helps shed kidney stones and urinary tract stones so that urination is smooth|
|Batugin for pregnant and lactating mothers||Category N: Not yet categorized. It is not yet known whether the content of tempuyung and kejibeling leaf extracts can be absorbed into breast milk or not. If you are breastfeeding, consult your doctor before consuming Batugin.|
Warning Before Taking Batugin
Here are some things you need to pay attention to before taking Batugin:
- Do not consume Batugin if you are allergic to tempuyung leaves or kejibeling leaves.
- Batugin contains tempuyung leaves. Consult your doctor first about using this herbal ingredient if you suffer from liver disease or kidney disease .
- Batugin should not be used continuously. Check with your doctor if the symptoms of difficulty urinating do not improve.
- Consume at least 2 ½ liters of water per day, as long as you consume Batugin.
- Consult your doctor about using Batugin herbal products if you are pregnant, nursing or planning a pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor if you plan to take Batugin with other medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Immediately see a doctor if symptoms get worse or an allergic reaction occurs .
Dosage and Rules for Use Batugin
In general, the following is the dosage of Batugin to help shed kidney stones and urinary tract stones.
- Batugin Sachet: Initially, the dosage is 1 15 ml sachet, 3-4 times a day. After the stone comes out, the dose is 1 sachet, 1 time a day.
- Batugin Elixir: At the beginning of use, the dose is 1 full glass, 3-4 times a day. After the stone comes out, the dose is 1 full measuring glass, 1 time a day.
How to Consume Batugin Properly
Follow the doctor 's recommendations and read the information listed on the drug packaging label before taking Batugin. Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting your doctor first. Try to drink lots of water while taking Batugin, at least 2 liters per day.
Use the available measuring tool to consume Batugin Elixir. The use of tablespoons or other measuring devices can make the dose consumed incorrectly.
Many think that taking herbal medicines is always safe because they contain natural ingredients, but this is not entirely true. Herbal products do not pass the testing stage like medicines from doctors. Therefore, the side effects and drug interactions are also not known with certainty.
Store Batugin in a cool, dry place. Avoid this product from direct sunlight and keep out of reach of children.
Interactions of Batugin with Other Drugs
It is not yet known whether the tempuyung and kejibeling leaf extracts in Batugin can cause drug interactions when used with other drugs.
Consult with your doctor before taking Batugin if you are currently using or planning to take any medication, herbal product, or supplement to prevent unwanted drug interaction effects.
Side Effects and Dangers of Batugin
Until now, it is not known exactly what side effects can occur after consuming Batugin containing tempuyung leaves or kejibeling leaves.
However, stop using the drug and check with your doctor if you experience an allergic reaction which can be characterized by symptoms of a skin rash, swelling of the eyelids or lips, or difficulty breathing.