Biapenem is an antibiotic drug to treat various infectious diseases, such as sepsis, pneumonia, to lung abscess. This drug is a type of broad-spectrum antibiotic that can treat gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial infections.
Biapenem works by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell walls, so the bacteria stop growing and eventually die. Biapenem is one of the newest types of carbapenem antibiotics . Keep in mind that this drug cannot be used to treat viral infections.
Biapenem trademark: -
What is Biapenem
Precautions Before Using Biapenem
The following are some things you should pay attention to before using biapenem:
- Tell your doctor about any history of allergies you have. Biapenem should not be given to patients who are allergic to this drug, other carbapenem drugs, penicillins, or cephalosporins .
- Tell your doctor if you have had or currently have asthma , urticaria, epilepsy, seizures , or severe kidney disease .
- Tell your doctor if you plan to get vaccinated with live vaccines, such as typhus vaccine, while having treatment with biapenem.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking certain medications, supplements, or herbal products.
- Immediately see a doctor if you experience a drug allergic reaction or overdose after using biapenem.
Dosage and Instructions for Use Biapenem
The usual dose of biapenem to treat bacterial infections in adults is 1.2 grams per day given by infusion into a vein (intravenous/IV) for 30–60 minutes. The next dose will be determined according to the patient's condition and response. The maximum dose is 1.2 grams per day.
How to Use Biapenem Correctly
Biapenem will be administered directly at the hospital by a doctor or medical personnel under the supervision of a doctor. Follow your doctor's advice before, during, and after biapenem injection.
This medication is given by intravenous (IV) infusion. While undergoing treatment using biapenem, the doctor will monitor the patient's condition.
Interactions of Biapenem with Other Drugs
The effect of drug interactions that can occur if biapenem is used with other drugs is a decrease in the effectiveness of valproic acid in treating seizures, thereby increasing the risk of recurrence or recurrence of seizures.
To prevent drug interaction effects, always tell your doctor if you are taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
Side Effects and Dangers of Biapenem
Some of the side effects that can occur after using biapenem are:
- skin rash
Report to your doctor if the side effects mentioned above do not improve or get worse. Immediately report to the doctor if you experience a drug allergic reaction which can be characterized by symptoms in the form of an itchy skin rash, swelling of the eyelids or lips, or difficulty breathing.