Degirol is useful for treating sore throats, canker sores, or inflammation of the mouth, gums, and tonsils due to bacterial and fungal infections. This drug is available in the form of lozenges and can be used by children aged over 10 years to adults.
Degirol contains dequalinium chloride. Dequalinium chloride has antiseptic properties that work by killing bacteria and fungi that cause mild infections in the mouth and throat. Keep in mind that this medication is not intended for long-term use.
What is Degirol
|Active ingredients||Dequalinium chloride 0.25 mg|
|Benefit||Treating sore throats, canker sores , or inflammation of the mouth, gums, or throat due to bacterial and fungal infections|
|Consumed by||Adults and children >10 years|
|Degirol for pregnant and lactating women||
Category N: Not yet categorized.
It is not known whether Degirol can be absorbed into breast milk or not. If you are breastfeeding, do not use this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
Precautions Before Consuming Degirol
Pay attention to the following before consuming Degirol:
- Do not take Degirol if you are allergic to dequalinium chloride or any of the other ingredients in this product.
- Do not take Degirol repeatedly or in the long term. Immediately consult a doctor if the condition does not improve after using the drug for 3 days.
- Consult your doctor about using Degirol if you are taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Talk to your doctor about using Degirol if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor first before giving Degirol to children under 10 years of age.
- Immediately consult a doctor if you experience a drug allergic reaction after consuming Degirol.
Dosage and Rules of Use Degirol
The dose of Degirol to treat sore throat , canker sores, or inflammation of the mouth, gums, or throat due to bacterial and fungal infections in adults and children over the age of 10 is 1 lozenge, 3-4 times a day. The maximum dose is 8 tablets per day.
How to Take Degirol Properly
Follow the doctor 's advice and read the information listed on the Degirol packaging before starting to consume it. Do not use Degirol in excess of the dosage stated on the package without first consulting a doctor.
Place the Degirol on your tongue and suck it all the way out, like when eating candy. Make sure there is sufficient time between one dose and the next.
Store Degirol in a dry place at room temperature. Avoid exposure to sunlight, and keep out of reach of children.
Degirol Interactions with Other Drugs
It is not yet known for certain the interactions between drugs that can occur if Degirol is used with other drugs. To be safe, discuss with your doctor if you plan to take Degirol with any medications, supplements or herbal products.
Side Effects and Dangers of Degirol
The content of dequalinium chloride in Degirol rarely causes side effects if used according to the rules of use. However, in some people there can be pain in the tongue after using lozenges containing dequalinum products.
Check with your doctor if the complaint does not subside or is getting worse. Immediately consult a doctor if a drug allergic reaction appears after consuming Degirol.