Daktarin is useful for overcoming skin diseases caused by fungal infections, such as ringworm, ringworm, candidiasis, onychomycosis (nail fungus), diaper rash, and fungal infections in the mouth.
Daktarin contains the active ingredient miconazole 2%. This drug works by destroying the structure of fungal cells and stopping the growth of fungi. This medicine is available in the form of powder, cream, and oral gel.
What is Daktarin?
|Active Ingredients||Miconazole 2%|
|Benefits||Overcoming fungal infections on the skin, such as panu, ringworm , ringworm, candidiasis , onychomycosis, diaper rash, and fungal infections in the mouth|
|Used by||Adults and children|
|Daktarin for pregnant and lactating women||
Category C: Studies on experimental animals have shown side effects on the fetus, but there have been no controlled studies on pregnant women.
Medicines can only be used if the magnitude of the expected benefit exceeds the magnitude of the risk to the fetus.
It is unlikely that miconazole in Daktarin will be absorbed into breast milk, so it can be used by nursing mothers. However, if used for the nipple area, consult a doctor first.
|Drug form||Powders, creams, and gels|
Warning Before Using Daktarin
There are several things you need to pay attention to before using Dakatrin, namely:
- Do not use Daktarin if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Consult your doctor about using Daktarin if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant.
- Consult with your doctor about using Daktarin if you are using other drugs or any herbal products, including those applied to the skin.
- Do not use Daktarin oral gel if you are taking statin cholesterol drugs, ergotamine , dihydroergotamine, cisapride, quinidine , terfenadine , or midazolam .
- Tell your doctor if you are experiencing fever or abdominal pain, smelly discharge, diabetes, HIV/AIDS before using Daktarin for vagina.
- Tell your doctor if you have had or are suffering from liver disease or porphyria before using Daktarirn oral gel.
- Avoid using Daktarin for children under the age of 4 months because its benefits and safety have not been confirmed.
- See a doctor immediately if a drug allergic reaction occurs after using Daktarin.
Dosage and Administration of Daktarin
Here is the dose of Daktarin based on the form of the product:
Daktarin cream and powder
Conditions: Fungal infection of the skin ( panu , ringworm, ringworm, candidiasis , and diaper rash affected by candida infection)
- Adults: Apply 2 times a day, for 2–6 weeks. Continue treatment for 1 week after symptoms disappear.
Condition: Nail fungus infection
- Adults: Apply 1–2 times a day. Continue treatment for up to 10 days after all lesions have disappeared.
Conditions: candidiasis on the vagina and vulva
- Adults: Apply 1 time a day before going to bed, for 10–14 days. Continue the treatment even if the pruritus and vaginal discharge disappear or enter the menstrual period.
Daktarin oral gel
Condition: Fungal infection in the mouth (oral candidiasis)
- Adults and children over 2 years of age: Apply 2.5 ml (1/2 measuring spoon), 4 times a day. Continue treatment for at least 1 week after symptoms disappear.
- Children aged 4 months to 2 years: Apply 1.25 ml (1/4 measuring spoon), 4 times a day. Continue treatment for at least 1 week after symptoms disappear
How to Use Daktarin Correctly
Follow the doctor's instructions or read the information on the packaging before using Daktarin. Do not increase or decrease the dose without first consulting a doctor.
Use Daktarin according to the period recommended by the doctor. Usually this medicine should be continued for several days after the symptoms subside. This is to prevent the infection from coming back.
Wash and dry the infected skin area before applying Daktarin. Apply enough Daktarin to the infected area, then rub gently. Do not forget to wash your hands after applying the medicine, to prevent the infection from spreading to other parts of the body.
For Daktarin powder, sprinkle the powder between the toes, the soles of the feet, as well as inside socks and shoes before you do activities.
For Daktarin used in the vagina, it is recommended to use the applicator that has been prepared in accordance with the instructions for use.
If you use Daktarin oral gel or oral gel to treat fungal infections in the mouth, it is best not to eat or drink for 30 minutes after using it. This is intended so that the medicine is not washed away by the food or drink consumed.
If you use Daktarin cream on the skin, do not cover the treated skin area with a bandage or anything else because it can trigger irritation.
Use Daktarin regularly to obtain maximum results. It is recommended to use this medicine at the same time every day so that it is easier to remember the schedule of use.
Store Daktarin in a dry and cool place, away from direct sunlight. Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Daktarin Interactions with Other Medicines
The content of miconazole in Daktarin can cause interaction effects if used with certain drugs, such as:
- Increased risk of bleeding if used with anticoagulants , such as warfarin
- Increased risk of rhabdomyolysis and kidney failure if used with statin drugs, such as simvastatin or atorvastatin
- Increased risk of potentially fatal arrhythmias if used with cisapride, quinidine , or terfenadine
- Increased risk of high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, or gangrene if used with ergot alkaloid drugs, such as ergotamine or dihydroergotamine
- Increased risk of side effects of midazolam, such as drowsiness and difficulty breathing
- Increased rates and side effects of phenytoin, sulfonylurea , saquinavir, busulfan , verapamil, carbamazepine , ciclosporin, tacrolimus, sildenafil, or methylprednisolone
Side Effects and Dangers of Daktarin
Side effects that may occur after using Daktarin cream or powder are:
- Irritation or burning sensation on the skin
- Itchy, red, flaky, or dry skin
- Contact dermatitis
Side effects that may occur after using Daktarin oral gel are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Uncomfortable feeling in the mouth
- Change in taste in the mouth
- Gum pain
Side effects that may occur after using Daktarin for the vagina are:
- Itching, pain, and a burning sensation in the vagina
- Pain or heat when urinating
- Lower abdominal cramps
Check with your doctor if these side effects occur. See a doctor immediately if a drug allergic reaction occurs, characterized by rash, itching, swelling of the eyes and lips, or difficulty breathing, after using Daktarin.