Hufarizine is a drug that is useful for treating symptoms or complaints due to allergic reactions, such as sneezing and runny nose, itchy nose, itchy and watery eyes, itchy skin, hives, or allergic reactions caused by food, for example seafood .
Hufarizine has the active ingredient cetirizine hydrochloride. This drug works by blocking histamine, which is a compound that increases in number and causes allergic symptoms and reactions when the body is exposed to allergy-triggering substances.
Hufarizine has 2 types of preparations, namely:
- Hufarizine Syrup: in every 5 ml, Hufarizine contains 5 mg of cetirizine
- Hufarizine Capsules: in each capsule, Hufarizine contains 10 mg of cetirizine.
What is Hufarizine
|class||Prescription drugs (syrups) Limited over-the-counter drugs (capsules)|
|Benefit||Treat symptoms due to allergies, such as sneezing, itching of the nose and throat, and itching of the skin and hives, including seafood allergies|
|Used by||Adults and children ≥6 months|
|Hufarizine for pregnant and lactating women||
Category B: Animal studies have not demonstrated a risk to the fetus, but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women.
Cetirizine can be absorbed into breast milk. If you are breastfeeding, do not take this drug without consulting your doctor.
|Drug form||Syrup, capsules|
Precautions Before Taking Hufarizine
There are several things that must be considered before consuming Hufarizine, including:
- Do not take Hufarizine if you are allergic to the ingredients contained in this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you have had or currently have benign prostate enlargement, kidney disease, liver disease, epilepsy, or difficulty urinating.
- Consult the use of Hufarizine with your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- Do not do activities that require alertness, such as driving a vehicle after taking drugs containing cetirizine , because these drugs can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages while undergoing treatment with cetirizine.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking other medications, including supplements and herbal products, to avoid drug interactions.
- Immediately see a doctor if there is an allergic drug reaction or an overdose after taking Hufarizine.
Dosage and Rules for Use of Hufarizine
Dosage and use of Hufarizine depends on the dosage form of the drug and the age of the patient. Here are the details:
Hufarizine Syrup Dosage
- Adult: 2 measuring spoons, once a day
- Children aged 6-12 years: 2 measuring spoons, once a day
- Children aged 2–6 years: 1 measuring spoon, once a day
- Children aged 1–2 years: 1/2 teaspoon, once a day
- Children 6–12 months: 1/2 teaspoon, once a day
Dosage of Hufarizine Capsules
- Adults and children ≥12 years: 1 capsule, 1 time a day.
How to Take Hufarizine Correctly
Hufarizine is consumed when there are allergic symptoms or allergic triggers. This drug can be stopped when allergy symptoms have disappeared. Always follow the doctor's recommendations and read the information on the drug packaging before taking Hufarizine. Hufarizine can be taken before or after meals.
Before taking Hufarizine syrup, shake the medicine first and use a measuring spoon so that the dosage is consumed correctly. To take Hufarizine capsules, swallow this drug whole with the help of a glass of water. Do not chew or pop the contents of the capsule beforehand.
If you forget to take Hufarizine, take this drug immediately if it is not near the next schedule. If it is close, ignore the missed dose and do not double the next dose.
Store Hufarizine at room temperature, in a dry place, and avoid direct sunlight. Keep this drug out of reach of children.
Hufarizine Interactions with Other Drugs
Considering that Hufarizine contains cetirizine, interactions that can occur if this drug is used with certain drugs are an increased risk of feeling very drowsy and side effects if cetirizine is used with antihistamines, anticonvulsants , muscle relaxants, antidepressants , or antianxiety drugs .
In addition, if cetirizine is consumed together with alcoholic beverages, it can increase the risk of drowsiness.
Hufarizine Side Effects and Dangers
Side effects that may arise after taking drugs containing cetirizine, namely dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, dry mouth, or headaches. Consult a doctor if these side effects do not improve or get worse.
Although rare, there are some more serious side effects that can occur after taking cetirizine, including hallucinations , tremors, nosebleeds, low blood pressure, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, hands or feet ( angioedema ). Immediately see a doctor if you experience these symptoms.