Natur-E is a useful supplement for treating skin health. This supplement contains vitamin E which comes from natural ingredients, such as wheat germ oil and sunflower seed oil.
Vitamin E has an antioxidant effect . Antioxidants can protect cells and tissues including the skin from the effects of free radicals. Apart from vitamin E, some Natur-E products also contain astaxanthin which comes from red algae and lycopene which comes from tomatoes.
There are four Natur-E products available in Indonesia, namely:
1. Natur-E Daily Nourishing 100 IU
Inside this product, there is a green capsule containing 100 IU of natural vitamin E. Natur-E 100 can be used to treat dry and dull skin, at the age of 18-25 years.
2. Natur-E Daily Nourishing 300 IU
Inside this product, there is a yellow capsule containing 300 IU of natural vitamin E. This product is used to moisturize and even out skin tone in women aged 25–35 years.
3. Natur- E Advanced
Inside this product, there is a maroon colored capsule. Natur-E Advanced contains 100 IU of vitamin E, 1.8 mg of lycopene , and 2 mg of astaxanthin . This product is intended for women aged 35 years and over to keep the skin tight, and disguise wrinkles and dark spots .
4. Natur-E White
Inside this product, there is a white capsule. Natur-E White contains 20 UI of vitamin E, 50 mg of L-glutathione, and 50 mg of olive fruit extract . This product is useful for preventing cell damage due to free radicals, as well as moisturizing and brightening the skin.
What is Natur-E
|Active Ingredients||Vitamin E|
|Benefit||Maintain skin health|
|Natur-E for pregnant and lactating women||
Category C: Animal studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus, but there have been no controlled studies in pregnant women.
Drugs should only be used if the expected benefit outweighs the risk to the fetus.
Vitamin E supplements may be absorbed into breast milk, consult your pediatrician about the benefits and risks before taking them.
Warning Before Consuming Natur-E
Before taking this supplement, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- Do not take Natur-E if you are allergic to vitamin E. If you have any doubts, consult your doctor first.
- Consult the use of Natur-E with your doctor if you have or currently suffer from diabetes, anemia , kidney disease, retinis pigmentosa , liver disease, cancer , stroke, vitamin K deficiency , high cholesterol, or blood clotting disorders, such as hemophilia.
- Consult the use of Natur-E with your doctor if you have recently had an angioplasty procedure .
- Consult your doctor if you are planning to have surgery in the near future. You may be advised to stop taking vitamin E supplements two weeks before surgery to reduce the risk of bleeding during surgery.
- Consult your doctor about using Natur-E if you are pregnant, nursing or planning a pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor about using Natur-E if you are currently taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Immediately see a doctor if an allergic reaction or overdose occurs after consuming Natur-E.
Dosage and Rules for Use Natur-E
The recommended dose for Natur-E 100, Natur-E 300, and Natur-E Advanced is 1 capsule per day. For Natur-E White, the dose is 2 capsules per day.
Vitamin E Adequacy Figures
The following is the amount of vitamin E needed per day based on age and nutritional adequacy rate (RDA):
- Age 0–6 months: 4 mg (6 IU)
- Ages 7–12 months: 5 mg (7.5 IU)
- Ages 1–3 years: 5 mg (7.5 IU)
- Ages 4–8 years: 7 mg (10.4 IU)
- Ages 9–13 years: 11 mg (16.4 IU)
- Ages 14–18 years: 15 mg (22.4 IU)
- Adult: 15 mg (22.4 IU)
- Pregnant women: 15 mg (22.4 IU)
- Breastfeeding mothers: 19 mg (28.4 IU)
Natur-E contains vitamin E. Vitamin E has a maximum intake limit. The daily limit for vitamin E intake depends on the sex, age, and health conditions of each.
The following are the intake limits for vitamin E for men and women:
- Age 1-3 years: 200 mg
- Ages 4–8 years: 300 mg
- Ages 9–13 years: 600 mg
- Ages 14–18 years: 800 mg
- Age >19 years: 1,000 mg
The intake limit for vitamin E for pregnant and lactating women is the same as the intake limit for ages 14–18 years and ages over 19 years.
How to Consume Natur-E Properly
Before consuming Natur-E, read the usage instructions listed on the product packaging. If you are unsure or have special health conditions, discuss with your doctor about the dosage, product choices, and how to use it according to your condition.
Consumption of Natur-E according to the recommended dosage. Do not increase or decrease your dose without consulting your doctor first.
Natur-E capsules should be consumed after meals. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, so the absorption process will be more perfect if preceded by food.
Vitamin and mineral supplements are only consumed to supplement the body's need for vitamins and minerals, especially when intake of vitamins and minerals from food cannot meet the body's needs. Some examples of foods that contain vitamin E are spinach, broccoli, and beans.
Store Natur-E at room temperature and avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
Interactions of Natur-E with Other Drugs
Vitamin E contained in each Natur-E product can cause interactions between drugs when used with other drugs. The following are some of the interactions that can occur:
- Increased risk of bleeding when used with anticoagulant drugs , such as warfarin
- Decreased effectiveness of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Decreased effectiveness of simvastatin or niacin drugs
- Decreased absorption of vitamin E by the body when taken with cholestyramine or orlistat
Side Effects and Dangers of Natur-E
Natur-E rarely causes side effects as long as it is consumed according to the prescribed dosage. If vitamin E supplements are consumed in excess, side effects that can occur are:
- Headache or dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Unusual fatigue
- Intestinal cramps
- Increased levels of creatine in the urine (creatinuria)
Consult your doctor if the side effects above do not subside or get worse. You should also see a doctor immediately if you experience an allergic reaction after consuming Natur-E.