Sangobion is a supplement to treat anemia or anemia. This blood booster supplement product is available in the form of capsules, syrup, and effervescent tablets .
Sangobion contains iron. One of the most common causes of anemia is a lack of iron in the body. Iron is needed for the formation of red blood cells. If the need for iron is met, iron deficiency anemia can be overcome.
Apart from iron, Sangobion products also contain other vitamins and minerals, such as copper sulfate, vitamin C, folic acid, and vitamin B12 .
The following are Sangobion product variants as iron supplements:
1. Sangobion Capsules
Each Sangobion Capsule contains 259 mg of ferrous gluconate iron (equivalent to 30 mg of elemental iron).
2. Sangobion Vita-Tonic
Sangobion Vita-Tonik in the form of cranberry syrup . Each 15 ml of Sangobion Vita-Tonik contains 113 mg of ferrazone type iron (equivalent to 15 mg of elemental iron).
3. Sangobion Fizz
Sangobion Fizz is a Sangobion product with an effervescent shape and cranberry flavor . Each Sangobion Fizz tablet contains 215 mg of ferrazone type iron (which is equivalent to 28 mg of elemental iron), 4 mg of zinc sulfate, 100 mg of magnesium sulfate, 70 mg of vitamin C, 0.97 mg of vitamin B1, 1.1 mg of vitamin B2, 1 .2 mg vitamin B6, 2 mcg vitamin B12, 200 mcg folic acid, 14 mg vitamin B3, 6 mg vitamin B5, and 150 mcg biotin.
4. Sangobion Baby
Sangobion Baby is in the form of a syrup and is given by dripping. This product is intended for children aged 0–2 years. Each 1 ml of Sangobion Baby contains 36.8 mg of iron polymaltose complex (equivalent to 12.5 mg elemental iron) and 50 mcg of folic acid.
5. Sangobion Kids
Sangobion Kids is also in syrup form, which is intended for children aged 2–12 years. Each 5 ml of Sangobion Kids contains 113 ferrazone (equivalent to 15 mg elemental iron), 0.6 mg vitamin B1, 1 mg vitamin B2, 1.2 mg vitamin B6, 15 mg vitamin B3, 0.3 mg vitamin B7.
Apart from the five Sangobion products above, Sangobion also has two herbal products that do not contain iron. The two products are Sangobion Menstrupain which is used to relieve menstrual pain, and Sangobion Fit which is used to maintain stamina.
What is Sangobion
|Benefit||Overcoming iron deficiency anemia|
|Consumed by||Adults and children|
|Sangobion for pregnant and lactating women||
Category A: Controlled studies in pregnant women have shown no risk to the fetus, and there is little possibility of harm to the fetus. Pregnant women need to take iron during pregnancy. Ask your obstetrician whether Sangobion is the right iron supplement during pregnancy.
This supplement can be absorbed into breast milk, but the iron content in breast milk is not affected by iron levels in the mother's body.
|Drug form||Capsules, syrup and effervescent tablets|
Warning Before Consuming Sangobion
Before consuming Sangobion, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- Do not consume Sangobion if you are allergic to the ingredients in this product. If you are in doubt, consult your doctor first.
- Apart from Sangobion Kids and Sangobion Baby, other Sangobion products should not be consumed by children, especially those under 6 years of age, because of the risk of causing iron poisoning.
- Sangobion is not recommended for people with hemochromatosis , hemosiderosis, hemolytic anemia , or people who receive repeated blood transfusions , for example sufferers of thalassemia .
- Consult the use of Sangobion with your doctor if you have or are suffering from liver disease, ulcerative colitis , or peptic ulcer .
- Consult a doctor about using Sangobion if you suffer from alcohol addiction .
- Consult your doctor if you have or are currently deficient in vitamin B12 , because the folic acid content in Sangobion can affect the results of examining blood levels of vitamin B12.
- Sangobion syrup or effervescent products may contain added sugar or artificial sweeteners in them. Therefore, diabetics need to be careful when using this supplement.
- Consult your doctor about using Sangobion if you are pregnant, nursing or planning a pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor about using Sangobion if you are currently taking certain medications, supplements or herbal products.
- Immediately see a doctor if you have an allergic drug reaction , serious side effects, or an overdose after taking Sangobion.
Dosage and Rules for Using Sangobion
The dosage for using Sangobion depends on the product variant. The following is the dosage for using Sangobion as a blood booster supplement:
Adult Capsule: 1 capsule, once a day.
Adult: 30 ml or equivalent to 2 measuring spoons, once a day.
Adult: 1 tablet, once a day.
Children under 6 months of age, the dose will be determined directly by the doctor. Children aged 6-12 months the dose is 0.8 ml, once a day. Children aged 1-2 years the dose is 1 ml, once a day.
Children aged 2–5 years, the dose is 2.5 ml or the equivalent of ½ measuring spoon, once a day. Meanwhile, for children aged 6-12 years, the dose is 5 ml or the equivalent of 1 measuring spoon, once a day.
How to Consume Sangobion Properly
Before consuming Sangobion, read the usage instructions listed on the product packaging. If you are unsure or have certain health problems, discuss with your doctor about dosage, product choices, and how to use them according to your condition.
Consume Sangobion according to the recommended dosage. Do not increase or decrease your dose without consulting your doctor first.
Sangobion should be consumed on an empty stomach, for example 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. However, if you have experienced stomach problems, you can take it with food.
Swallow the Sangobion capsules with the help of a glass of water and do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after consuming the capsules.
For Sangobion in syrup form, use the measuring spoon provided in the package for a more precise dosage. Shake the bottle first before consuming Sangobion.
If you take Sangobion in effervescent tablet form , you can dissolve it in 200 cc of water and serve with cold water. After the tablet dissolves, make sure you drink it right away.
Avoid taking antacids , milk, tea or coffee for 2 hours before or after taking Sangobion, because it can reduce the effectiveness of Sangobion.
Vitamin and mineral supplements are consumed to supplement the body's need for vitamins and minerals, especially when intake of vitamins and minerals from food cannot meet the body's needs.
Store Sangobion at room temperature and avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Keep this supplement out of reach of children.
Interactions of Sangobion with Other Drugs
The iron content in the form of ferrous gluconate can cause interaction effects when used with other drugs. Some of the drug interactions that can occur are:
- Impaired absorption and reduced effectiveness of levodopa, levothyroxine , levodopa , ciprofrofloxacin, bisphosphonates , cefdinir, or tetracycline antibiotics
- Decreased absorption of iron when used with antacids
Sangobion Side Effects and Dangers
The following are some of the side effects that may arise after consuming Sangobion:
- Black stools
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach cramps or stomach pain
In general, these side effects are temporary and will go away when the body adjusts to the supplement content.
Check with your doctor if the side effects above don't go away or get worse. You should also see a doctor immediately if you experience a drug allergic reaction after using Sangobion.